Video Player is loading.

Up next

The US-China 'Chip War' Over Taiwan Could Change Everything

KeepItMovin - 75 Views
Published on 27 Jan 2023 / In News and Politics

COVID disruptions to the global supply chain revealed the world's largest tech battle is for semiconductors, the key to dominating international technology and computing power.

Semiconductor chips are basically the brains of modern electronics. You might be surprised that the United States isn't the world leader in this multi-billion-dollar industry – it's not even second. The U.S. government's goal is simply to stay ahead of China. Experts are calling it the 'chip war,' and Taiwan is stuck at the center of this fight for the world's most critical technology.

"When we look at the world's most advanced chips, Taiwan makes 92% of them," said Gordon G. Chang, PhD., author of The Great U.S.-China Tech War. "Matter of fact, one company in Taiwan makes 92%, and the other 8% are in South Korea."

Read the full story from CBN's Brody Carter:

Download the free CBN News App:

SUBSCRIBE to the CBN News Channel for more:

SUBSCRIBE to the QuickStart Newsletter by visiting

SUBSCRIBE to the Quickstart Podcast. New episodes every morning at 7am:

What's coming up next? Have a look at our program guide:

CBN features 24-hour TV news from a Christian perspective. The CBN News Channel provides independent news programming to an underserved audience to enlighten, entertain and inspire Christians around the world. Comments below do not necessarily reflect the views of CBN.

Share this live feed with your friends and family:

Like us on Facebook:
Like us on Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:

Contact News Editors:

Questions about other CBN programs:

Questions about supporting CBN? (and)

Questions about Helping the Home Front? Call: 757-226-2333

#breakingnews #politicalnews #christiannews #christian #christianity #church #breakingnews #cbnnews

Show more
0 Comments sort Sort by

Up next